Friday, August 20, 2010

Question about dealing with men? How open should you be and how soon?

I'm 26, turning 27 in the summer. Even though I'm young now, I will not be young forever and I want some stability and consistency in all areas of my life. I do want to get married and have a family one day but there is something serious preventing that from happening.





I've dated a lot in the past and even been engaged and almost married once but everything in terms of my relationships/experiences with men have been disasters. I am now very pessimistic about whether there is even someone who is compatible for me and I know I'm not that bad of a catch. I said that I want to make 2009 to be the year that dating gets better for me. Now, I do overthink everything and I try to come up with strategies for how I will act on dates or with men in general. Even though some men are just jerks regardless, I am looking at myself too.





So, one thing about me is that I'm not expressive about my feelings, I've always been that way and it's nothing personal usually. I am always nice in a formal, standoffish, aloof kind of way and I don't know if I need to be more agressive. Is it good to say and do things that let a man know I like him? I always thought of that as being pushy and desperate but maybe I'm wrong?





I know this seems basic but I'm trying to do everything the right way because I don't know if it's me on some level. Everyone around me is finding love, getting in nice relationships, getting married, and I'm just growing older and frustrated. Thanks.Question about dealing with men? How open should you be and how soon?
';Strategies';, ';Rules'; and the like are all a bunch of crap when it comes to dating. If you don't be yourself, you are in a sense ';false advertising';.





The only way you will ever find happiness is to be honest with both yourself and your prospects.Question about dealing with men? How open should you be and how soon?
I think that when you find the right person, you won't have to question whether or not you should open up -- it'll happen automatically. If you find that you're dating and not wanting to express yourself with the other person, then that should tell you he's not the right one. Don't worry about everyone around you finding love -- everyone is different. Take your time.
Open up ! Don't come up with strategies for how you will act. Are you fake? Because that's how you appear to others acting that way. Be yourself.





Yes, its ok for a woman to say if she likes a guy of compliments him. This is a major problem for some women as they want all the compliments, but give nothing back in the same way.





Good Luck
LOL. You sound like me.





But yes, be open and upfront with him from the jump. I've learned men like outspoken and sometimes even a little pushy (not too pushy) women. I say Go for it! Good Luck =]. Hope Everything works out for you! :)
If you find yourself getting into the same patterns maybe it is time to change strategy or maybe be more open minded in your selection or elimination process in relationships? Maybe a change the flow your relationships progress?
Well life usually isn't so plannable like you want it to be, so quite trying to plan it out so much, just set some goals and when you reach the, set some new ones and work towards them, be more open and try to be less shy about talking to guys, try to be where you tend to meet lots of people, say like groups with like interests you like. If you meet a man you like, how is he going to know if you don't tell him? Don't throw yourself at him, just tell him you find him interesting to you and then just let things go along as you talk with him. Just look at what you did in the past and try not to do anything that turned out bad for you , yet keep the good from it.
The best way to be is to always be yourself; that should be the one thing you don't have to think about...it comes naturally.





You are definitely over-thinking this; there is no such thing as doing everything right.





You need to relax and let go, and please don't focus on everyone else around you. You'll find out later that some of them should have waited.





Anyways, be yourself, and when your Mr. Right comes along, he will love and accept you for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment