Friday, August 20, 2010

How to overcome anger?

I'm 21 and have not had the best year so far, my best friend committed suicide and my girlfriend split up with me. I went through a stage of just feeling sorry for myself which I'm beginning to leave which is a good thing but I feel really angry at times. The slightest little memory of someone 'wronging' me or even someone talking down to me ie my dad or brother, can just set me off. I recently attacked one of my close friends because he wouldn't be quiet when everyone was trying to sleep (we were in a hostel in amsterdam). I have even tried to take deep breaths and count but that never seems to work. I've not got an anger problem, I've just got some issues. Can anyone give some advice on how to control this. I find it very hard to look the other way and take the moral highground which I know is the right way but I'm far too stubbornHow to overcome anger?
I remember going through that in life too, I went out and fought every battle and I had to win each one or I wasn't a man. But that is so damn draining on a person, isn't it? I finally had some classes where the one thing I learned was to pick my battles, pick the ones I need in order to win the war. Fighting all the small ones might mean you win them but you can still lose the war. So now I sit back and I can even laugh at those who come at me with something they say is true and want to pass it off as truth. It doesn't bother me. Why do I want to let my feelings dictate I how I react? I don't need to win all the battles any more, I pick the few that are going to really affect me and I stand for them, for now when I stand for those beliefs others take notice because they don't see me as just talking smack any more, they see I have a point that has meaning.How to overcome anger?
I too had anger issues because of bad things that happened to me, but just remember that your lucky to be alive, and killing yourself and hurting others would just make it worse that it wont help you nor anyone else. If your catholic or whatever try to confess your sins to a priest or someone you could, and try to tell your problems to other people not just your family. A good stress reliever would always help though.
don't think about your problem 2 much %26amp; don't keep it 2 yourself, it will be helpful if u tell it 2 your close friend or your family about your problems, it is the way 2 lessen your anger/depression. Be closer 2 God %26amp; ask guidance from Him. Read books about life. move on! life must go on. In this world u have 2 b strong 2 survive.
Hi friend,





Maybe you can try this ...





- Think about the current pig flu in Mexico where people are suffering


- Think about those people who are currently over 40 and lost their job due to economic crisis


- Think about those children who lost their parent during the China Si-Chuan earth quake





And if you cannot sleep at night, just stare at the sky for 10 minute thinking about all these
Your friend commited suicide. It sounds like you may be experiencing one of the five stages of death. Those stages are 1. Denial-';This can't be really happening';. 2. Anger-';I'm ticked off at the world';. 3. Bargaining- ';Maybe I can figure out a way to deal with this'; 4. Depression-';I am tired of trying to deal with this';. 5. Acceptance-';Okay this happened, it was bad, butI am moving on';. Most people may fluctuate through these stages until finally reaching the final stage of acceptance. It will just take some time, but you can and likely will get through this. I just thought it might help you if you could kinda look at yourself and recognize the stages that you are going through in dealing with the suicide and with the loss of your girlfriend.Many people going through divorce go through these same stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment