Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i get over my debilitating fear of needles?

i can't handle shots. every time the doctor, or a family member mentions that i need a vaccination, i start crying and freaking out. i can't control it. If someone even gets near me with a needle i start hyperventilating and i get really dizzy and hysterical. I don't want to be like this, but i can't help it. even thinking about them makes me cry and feel panicked. what can i do? i've tried taking medicines like valium to help me relax, but nothing has helped me.How can i get over my debilitating fear of needles?
I have drawn blood on my patients for over 8 years and the majority of people hate needles.


it is the older people who are used to it, normally--or people who have to have it done everyday, etc.


many people build up this huge fear, and actually make it ten times worse than it is.


It doesn't hurt that much--and it lasts only a minute.


You have to keep it in perspective--or it will control and conquer you.


I see little children who are diabetic and have to inject themselves every day--and they get used to it in very little time.


You CAN control your reaction to hearing you need a shot--or to have blood drawn.


You make yourself dizzy and hysterical with your anxiety--and you cause yourself to hyperventilate.


You CAN help this.


You take a few deep breaths, relax your arm and look away--and think of something nice.


The more experience you have with having it done, the less afraid of it you will be.How can i get over my debilitating fear of needles?
Just say to yourself, you know no harm will come to you and that it will be over soon. Try deep breathing and take a supportive person to come with you and help to keep you calm.
I have the same terrinble fear ...... and the same problem ....








this is going to sound like a really funny thing to do but i sing my favourite song AS LOUD AS I CAN . it sounds really funny but it works .





also , theres these pills for insomnia ( disorder in falling asleep) called meletonin that you can find at a healt food store around ur house . they help you feel really relaxed and tired . they work for me , just take them 15 minutes before you go to the doctors .





other things you can do is just face the fear ... dont let it overtake you . i hope i helped ...

No comments:

Post a Comment