Friday, August 20, 2010

Adopting children?

I am 21 years old, i have a fiance, who is in the marines and we plan to get married when he comes back from deployment..





i want to adopt, im not sure how many, never really even thought about a limit..


but does anyone know the best agencies to go through?


and what should i expect? and what is the best age for the child to be when adopting..


i also may want to have some children of my own but thats a different story lol, but in that case should i have children first then adopt or does it not really matter?





please do not tell me i am 21 years old and should not be adopting a child, im graduating college with my degree in Computer software engineering and computer science, 1 yr and a half early and going again back to complete my masters, so i am very well off money wise, this is my mind set and ive always wanted to do something like a orphnage type thing or refugee housing, along these lines.





so someone who has experience in this or even someone whos been adopted?Adopting children?
i'm adopted myself and am happy to talk to anyone about my experiences, I think it is a really healthy thing to consider adoption but please consider it carefully as it does bring with it it's own problems and should not be seen as thought you are 'rescuing' children and they will be gratefull (which is how the media often presents it). These chidlren will have complex emotional needs, which will need a particular understanding, yes even those who are adopted from birth. So it is important that you prepare and are ready to deal with any issues that may present themselves such as your child finding it hard to believe that you really love them and aren't going to leave them as well. that said i wish you every luck in the world and God bless xAdopting children?
have you considered going into the foster program? there are many many needy children, just needing loving people like yourself to take care and nurture them. And if you would rather adopt first that is just fine. Do what makes your heart smile, because if your heart is smiling, everyone around you will smile too.
i am so happy for u! you are in a great relationship and have a great lifestyle. whats holding you back! adopting is a great but long process, why dont u put ur name down 4 fostering. u are not 2 young because alots in my family have kids at a young age and are doin great go 4 it! sorry i dont know were u live so i dont now any agencies... good luck. best wishesxxx
Im sorry, I dont know of any agencies but I just wanted too tell you I think its great that you would love to adopt a child =] Good For You!!!
I gave birth to my two children in 1983 and 1984 always planning to adopt. I was a Young mom and knew I had a lot of life to parent....





We adopted our two siblings from foster care in 2003 when the older children were about to move on in their lives....





I personally see no difference in How I feel about my children but, do believe that for the sake of my biological children they deserved the chance to grow up a bit before children with special needs were added to our family....





I also believe that my adopted children deserved to feel special and not be compared to the older children or any impression of favoritisim shown to the bio children over the adopted children...





as it has turned out the bios are the ones who feel most cheated as we have much more to offer the little ones then I had as a Young mom starting out in life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment