Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do you have a loved one in jail? How do you deal with it?

Someone that's in on a 1-2 year kind of thing. Maybe even someone that got a life sentence but you still love them. Dose it get easier to cope with? Do you stay faithful to that person?Do you have a loved one in jail? How do you deal with it?
My childrens father was in and out of jail for 9 years. Alot of that time I was with him. I delt with it by visits and letters. We are not together anymore but I still have to keep in contact if he gos to jail. i did stay faithful to him when we were together. It is hard because of the trust issues. but if you truely love the person you will make it work. our breakup had nothing to do with him going to jail so I dont have a grudge. it is possible to get conjical visits if the person is in prison if you are married. But not in jail! Hope this helpsDo you have a loved one in jail? How do you deal with it?
I think it gets easier to cope with, although I wasn't in a relationship with this person. It is hard cause you loose all contact with the person, and don't expect to be happy with it, because I don't think I was ever happy with the situation. But I think it makes you stronger because you realize what you had and or have, and hopefully it will all work out for you in the end.
My father in law is in for a life sentence. He is married to a women on the outside and she's very faithful to him. They got married while he was in, and they are still married. I think it depends on what you are wanting out of life. I love my father in law very much, and try to go see him when I can.





I don't think the coping gets any easier. My husband's dad has been there since he was a kid. He still has problems knowing he's there and that he may never get to do certain things.
If a relative or loved one goes to jail, tough love is the answer. Make a one time vist, or one letter, and let them know that you care about them and will be there for them when they get out, but they made a conscious choice to leave you and have themselves incarcerated. No one goes to jail who doesn't want to. They made their choice by their actions that got them there. They chose to leave you and they have to live with the consequences of that choice. Otherwise, they will turn to you as a crutch for the rest of their lives and if you are there for them while they are locked up, you are only enabling them. They have to learn that choosing that route has consequences. Jail should be a miserable, albeit, humane place. They should not want to go back. If you're catering to them with money, food, cigarettes, drugs, they'll be going back, and you will be partly to blame as the enabler.
I would just try to be practical about the situation.


If there was a chance for a life with his person after so many years, then work it out.


But if someone is never getting out, then U would have to make a decision to go on with your life, otherwise it is cruel to the one on the outside.
  • windows xp
  • construction loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment