Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm a nonbeliever. Does that make me evil or a bad person?

I mean, seriously! I'm a caring person who loves, no, lives to help others. When a friend or family member (or, on one occasion, an enemy) were/are sick, I nurse them back to health. My parents are getting on in their years and I've become their caretaker. (';Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother'; - got to a nursing home and ask how many of the tenants' families are ';devout catholic'; or ';christian'; or whatever - most of them, that's who). When I see someone in a stalled car on the side of the road, or even someone walking down the side of the road (I live in a rural area, so anyone walking anywhere would have to have a damn good reason to do so), then I pull over and offer to help them or give them a ride. I tutor local kids in their academic studies. I help out (sometimes even working with churches) with food drives, clothing drives, soup kitchens, etc... But I don't believe in God. Does that make me an evil or bad person?I'm a nonbeliever. Does that make me evil or a bad person?
No - that just makes you a nonbeliever, and nothing more, nothing less. You're a person like the rest of us, you just don't happen to believe what I believe. However, given Christianity's history, (which, as a Christian, I must admit - we screwed up big time on certain things) you're probably more moral and tolerant than some of my Christian brethren are.I'm a nonbeliever. Does that make me evil or a bad person?
I am a Christian who just got one big house with my husband ,my sister, her husband our children, and my mother. Why does that matter? We did it to take care of our mother in her last days here (she is dying from aids) so not all Christians disobey God at least I try not to anyway.





Now to answer your question if you truly do what you say you do no I can not honestly say you are an evil or bad person. Your beliefs are yours to have I can not and will not judge you, my sister was an Atheist until she saw what she needed to see from God in order to trust him, so who here can say that God will not do the same for you? You truly should not have anything to prove to any one here God Bless you.





My opinion on this why do Christians do this and that thing is simple.... You have parents right? Now before you were born they had a plan for your life... rather it was to be a judge, a Priest, or a corner boy they had a plan. Now I don't know about you but I did not do every thing my parents thought I would do, and I broke allot of their rules, now the only difference here in being a disobedient child and a disobedient Christian is I am willing to admit I was not always a good kid. I don't know very many Christians who will admit to be bad at living like Christ....
The answer is........******NO******* .....period.... That Simple!!!
SORRY GODS RULES


HIS HOUSE YOU KNOW.


NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT WE HAVE DONE BUT ACCORDING TO HIS MERCY HE HAS SAVED US.


JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY.


IF YOU DON.T BELIEVE WHAT DO YOU CARE?


NOT BAD -NOT EVIL-JUST LOST
No, just lost...whether or not you're an evil or bad person, I'll leave that up to God.
Personally I don鈥檛 care what anyone believes.


Besides being told im evil if I don鈥檛 believe in the one true god. Pfft鈥?br>




I do NOT belive it makes you evil not having a faith or beliving in what others want you too believe in.


.


By the sounds of it you do so much for society, you give so much.


There isn鈥檛 enough people out there that give as much, but there sure are a lot of people out there pointing the finger. Or as they say.. casting the first stone.





You can believe in anything you want too believe in, anything at all.


You can be an atheist, and not believe in anything (religious I mean).





If you are good to other people that鈥檚 all that matters.


And by the sound so of it. Your pretty dam Good.
You sir need to do some research on every religion and then come to a conclusion.You are not a person who lives in the jungle and knows nothing about religion, you have so much to discover from.Every person has a purpose in life, find out yours.Allah can only forgive those who know nothing , but you aren't of that category.
no. not at all. in fact, im agnostic myself. and i went to catholic school my whole life. i had a teacher once who said it so simply ';leave this world knowing you left it better than when you entered it'; if you know you do what you can for others, thats all that mattes. there is a school of thought known as ';the imperfect contrition'; my spelling sucks and im so lazy for spell check so sorry.. but basically.. if someone is a good person only because they fear hell and want to get into heaven and so basically do good for the ultimate goal of helping themselves (by avoiding eternal damnation) than they are no better than someone who just steals right now cuz they want that car...both people are just doing what they think will help them...(just the christian is thnking more long term) and so for you, who does good things with the belief of no reward at the end other than just knowing you did good, one could argue your even better because your acts are TRUELY selfless...


hope that helps :)
I believe you are a very good person with good intentions. But even if our intentions are the greatest and we do good things, it doesn't mean that we have come to the point where we are ';good enough'; to stand before God and skate into heaven on our loads of good things we did.





I am sinful, and I know that the things I've done are bad enough to make a perfect Holy God unable to allow me into his presence. it's as if God is perfectly clean, white-fire clean.


And I am, say, grey. maybe a light shade of grey if I am a good person and do good things. But I can never be ';good enough'; in my own power to stand before God and say ';I did enough good things to erase or cancel out or make you not notice that I'm not as pure as you'; God is loving, but he can't allow sin (impurity) into his presence. We are more loved than we can ever imagine, that's why God made a way, through Jesus, to have our sins , paid for by the only Man who was pure. That's why a person can stand before a Justice filled, Pure God and say ';I am Clean!'; because Jesus was clean and we can trust and accept the pure cleanness that he offers us when we trust him.





It's not about trying to be good. It's about realizing that all of our best efforts fall short if we don't recognize that we've done bad.





i hope I haven't just caused more confusion.


Blessings to you.
Evilness is a concept, much like God, that was created by man. Being a nonbeliever alone does not make you evil. Using the knowledge that you have to make benefit from ignorant believers is evil.
OK, so you say you're a pretty good person, and frankly I believe you. But by whose standards do you consider yourself good.


If you consider yourself a morally good person then there must be a moral standard or moral law if you will. And if there is a moral law then there must be a moral law giver. Now you don't accept God, so then where do you get you morals from. So far you have only dealt with standards that come from the Judeo-Christian Bible. What logic says you can pick and choose?





Actually none. So basically you're in rebellion.


No problem, Jesus still loves you.


I Cr 13;8a, Love never fails!!!!!


11-19-6
Contrary to what you Think, You obviously is looking for acceptance and approval or you wouldn't of pose a question in a religious section knowing that believers are here and are going to answer. These are not assumptions nor misconceptions. Not one person in this world are good. Jesus, himself, asked his disciples ';Why do YOU call me Good?'; No one is righteous not one not even the pope! We are all sinners born into sin and our human nature is sinful. Some religious people view some atheists as evil or bad because it seems that everything that religious believe in or protest unbelievers are against or protest the opposite such as abortion,homosexuality,death penalty, and religious rights in education etc.. Think about it!





*(*
You claim to be a caring person, helping others, and you even quote from one of God's Commandments. Yet you say that you DON'T BELIEVE in God.





So by WHO's MORAL CODE are you living your life then??





Why do you have to ';honor thy father and thy mother';? What sense do you make of being ';good and caring'; to other people then? Surely it cannot be out of personal guilt or being pressured by society at large, could it?





You either follow The Law or you don't. You can't simply pick and choose which parts of The Law you want to do, and forget the rest of it... That's not how it works, amigo.





And, besides, it's too late now since you can no longer claim IGNORANCE OF THE LAW!





Peace be with you...
I applaud you on all your ';good works';!!!!!!!


Being a nonbeliever does not make you ';bad';, or ';evil';. You are clearly a very ';good'; person. But being ';good'; will never get anyone into Heaven. The Bible says that this is so not one person can boast that they are better then anyone else. My parents are two of the best people I have ever met. But up until two and a half years ago they were bound for a place called Hell, which is an eternal separation from God. Then I had the great pleasure of introducing them to my very best friend, and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Now they are bound for a place called Heaven, where they will be in Gods presence for all eternity when they pass from this Earth.
Unfortunately you stand condemned before the Lord! You can not justify yourself by your works and you are guilty before the Lord. If you wish to be saved,(miss hell and gain heaven) you must be born again. The world is full of people who think they are O.K. simply because they live ';good lives'; however this does not address the problem that sends them to hell. The Bible states that by the works of the law (good deeds) shall no flesh be justified in his sight. You need to beware as the road to hell is paved with good intentions (of man) but don't address the real problem that sent them there in the first place.
first of all you are not born in God's life. You are born in this world. You need to be reborn in God's life. How? Go to church and recite one prayer. Lord im a sinner i want to turn to you Lord Jesus. God i trust you you will destroy all my sins and forgive me. Lord please guide me as i am new. Please guide me to the right path. Amen. I believe in you. Your talents can change the nations. God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trust you.
No, it does not.
No it doesn't. Just on question though, why?
Everything you state that you do is a teaching of religion. I am not sure where the non-believing concept comes from. People think that good manners are common sense and social habits. They are not! They are religion in practice. What is your oncept of religion? Prayers in a mosque, church or temple and that's it? Religion teaches us how to deal with ourselves, Allah and the world around us. Our mission, all of us, is to make earth a better place and care for each other. This mission is religion and religion is from Allah.





You are a 'religious person in disguise'!!





Peace
I do not believe that you are either a bad person or evil. However, it sounds as if you do not have any faith which I do not believe. If you shop for groceries, you have faith that if a label says it contains corn for an example, you believe it. The other thing is that if you don't believe in God, you better be right. As a believer, I believe that I will be rewarded by God. Keep on helping people as you are doing. May God Bless you and lead you to Him.
No is does not make you a bad person. To a religous person it would just make you a lonely person with out god in your life. But that is what they believe and you at no time have to believe what they believe.





You have no one to explain yourself to you. You are who you are and should not be sorry about it.





You do know that your part about Honor thy father and mother does come from the bible.?





Try not to look down on others that have there parents in a nursing home. just cause they have them there does not make them bad children or less godly. It is very hard for some children to take care of an elderly parent. I know I could not have taken care of mine and I loved them very much.
Don麓t worry, most of us are nonbelievers, but claim to be ';believers';, which makes us hipocrates in our hearts. Whoever said you were a bad person because of your unbelief is even worse. He麓s the one damned.


You are honest (and brave) enough to declare it publicly. You wouldn麓t be able to during The Inquisition. So take heart and live the life as you understand it and feel it. And feel free to call out loud ';I am an aetheist !';........ thank God.
You rock, Deus.





You aren't a bad person.
Jesus said let him who is without sin cast the first stone. The judgement is from God not humans.
Of course it doesn't mean you're a bad person. Religion and morality have nothing to do with one another.





According to the christians and their bible, it does mean you're going to burn in hell for all eternity though. How's that for justice? ;)
Yes, it makes you evil.
  • windows xp
  • construction loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment