Friday, August 20, 2010

Big confidence issues...?

Well, first of all I've known my girlfriend for 5 years and started going out with her just over 2 years ago. From the moment I met her she was very shy and unconfident, and it took a while for her to actually see that I liked her. There's a lot I could say about why she's unconfident and shy, but the basic jist of it is that she has an elder sister who constantly puts her down about her body and controls her to the point where she was scared to even go out without her 'permission'. Both of us had never been in a real relationship before we got together.





Anyway, since we started going out she's been extremely paranoid about my thoughts on her body, and refuses to let me see certain parts of her body (I'm sure you can guess what parts). She says she has fat thighs and a fat bum, although she was actually anorexic at a point and is still very thin - just her sister would always tell her this, and she refuses to believe otherwise. She also believes other parts of her body are 'disgusting', and I wouldn't like them. For a while I've understood this, but lately for some reason my confidence has gone very low, and I'm starting to think things and get worried...





Back in January 2008, her sister told her to for a car ride with some other guy, and that he's better than me - I overheard this when they thought I'd left their house, so after hearing I left anyway...I didn't think she would, however later that evening she told me on MSN she had something to tell me, and she told me in real life. She assures me that nothing happened, and after a few days I relaxed about the whole thing. However, with things how they are with her confidence, she doesn't want to do anything in bed, or even let me touch parts of her body...coupled together with some low self esteem, I can't get the idea out of my head that if she was with someone she truly loved, she'd be able to trust him and be confident...it's got to the point where, rather stupidly I get scared that even someone l ike a doctor would see more than me...





Plus she has that guy added to Facebook who sends her messages asking how she is etc, I'd usually not mind that much, but now even looking at his status updates on Facebook makes me just get into a depression spiral. The effect of this is me being less willing to show my love in 'public' in fear of humilation by her because she doesn't really love me...which she said makes her think I don't love her.





Whenever I look in the mirror I just end up realising how much I hate myself for even thinking I'm good enough for her, on the occasions we do do sexual stuff (with the lights off...), afterwards I just feel disgusted with myself and think that she is too (with me).





How can I sort this out? Any ideas guys?=[





ThanksBig confidence issues...?
Well, I think u need to frankly talk to her about ur feelings and ask her what she feels about u. This talking will surely clear many doubts between u and her. Never keep a suspicious doubt about ur partner ever in relationship if u really want to bear it long. Always talking clearly and loving can solve many problems. So go ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment